Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pie in the Sky



Yesterday, I had the privilege of competing in my first pie contest at the Malibu Pie Festival. This was the 21st Annual Malibu Pie Festival hosted by the Malibu United Methodist Church. There were over eight pie categories. I entered the Fruit Pie category - blueberry pie with a streusel crumble.








I dropped off the pie early in the morning, and I now know how my mom felt leaving me on the first day of kindergarten. It was so hard to hand over my baby to fend for herself in the Fruit Pie category. When I returned for the pie eating and judging, I was very excited to see that my pie was a definite crowd favorite. It was the first pie to sell out! Later that afternoon, I happily accepted a Third Place Ribbon in the Fruit Pie Category. I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. "It was so hard to hand over my baby to fend for herself in the Fruit Pie category."

    Great line. Blueberry pie is my fave. Your baby looks like one of the pictures they put on the front of the box in the store. Impressive stuff, Ms. Kara.

    ReplyDelete